This evening I received a message from a mutual reader:
“Hello! I’ve nominated you for the Liebster Award! Your blog is extremely helpful and it’s nice to read about other premed majors”
My first step of course was to immediately thank them, then Google what it mean, because I’m a blog newbie. So I found out that the Liebster award is a ceremonial award for bloggers by bloggers. The word derives from German, and is a term meant to invoke feelings of endearment — I won’t try to butcher the translation here. I suppose one could argue that the Liebster is the bloggers equivalent of the Academy Awards (without a centralized panel).
In order to “accept” my award, I need to follow the rules:
The Liebster Award Rules
- Thank the nominator and post a link to his/her blog
- Display the award on your blog
- Answer the eleven questions provided by the nominator
- Nominate 5-11 blogs which have less than 1,000 followers, and let them know they’ve been nominated
- Make up and Post eleven questions for your nominees to answer
- Post these rules on your blog
My nominator was Simplexvita, thanks for nominating me. I hardly write about the details of my life, so I guess people will find out more about me tonight.
So, here are the questions and my answers:
The 11 Questions:
1. What is one thing that you would change about the world and why?
Just listen to Imagine by the John Lennon I agree with every single naive lyric, though most of all I wish for violence to stop around the globe. You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one, and I hope one day you join us, and the world will live as one.
Why? because look at what we do to each other — to each other.
2. Your favorite color?
I actually don’t have one, well I do but it changes depending on the object. For example, I like navy blue, however only on shirts and bags. Yet, I don’t feel comfortable in navy blue pants. I like red, but own no red clothes, however I like red objects and when others pull off red. This could last all day, so let’s just say I really like natural tones.
3. Tell me about your best friend. Why are you guys friends?
My best friend, we’ve been friends since we were kids, I was his best man. I think one of the things that keeps us friends is that he’s good at things I’m not, and I’ve learned a lot about life from him. He’s really good at living life to the fullest, I’ve picked up a lot of good tips from him about what’s important in life.
4. What is your accomplishment that you’re most proud of?
I suppose getting into medical school ranks pretty high up there. But, actually I think the biggest accomplishment for me was overcoming my speech problems as a child. In elementary school I had to go to speech therapy because I had a difficulty speaking and interacting with people. So, it’s funny that now one of the things I’m known for are ‘motivational’ public speeches and interviewing skills. I’m proud that people could be duped into thinking that of me.
5. What do you most fear?
Well, if you saw #4 you’d think it was public speaking (haha). This may have been true before, now I really don’t care. Right now, my biggest fear I think is that I’ll never be satisfied — I know that sounds weird.
6. Would you ever run for president/prime minister/ruler of your country?
No. I don’t want them to ask about my transcripts to prove I’m smart. =)
7. Favorite scent?
I think baby powder is the most awesome smell in the world, it’s scientifically designed to smell like comfort.
8. Cat or dog person?
Dog. I like cats though, I’m just too aloof to have a cat, we’d just ignore each other all day.
9. Guilty pleasure show?
Judge Judy. I like seeing her reason through a usually intentionally convoluted story, and eventually finding the truth with a matter of minutes. There’s a bonus that occasionally I get to learn legal advice.
10. What was the best day of your life so far?
Getting into my top choice for medical school. My interviewer called to tell me, I was sure she was calling to let me down gently.
11. Are you involved in any clubs?
Not at all.
Well, with me out of the way, here are my nominations:
1. Dreamer Doc
4. MD PhD to Be
My questions for them:
1. If you could change something about yourself what would it be?
2. If you could be fluent in another language, what would it be?
3. Have you traveled to another country, if so where, if not where would you go?
4. What was the proudest moment in your life?
5. If you had a super power, what would it be?
6. Do you have a talent most people don’t know about?
7. What’s the most risk taking thing you’ve done?
8. Why do you write, did you enjoy writing growing up?
9. If you could keep to your future, by passing all of the hard work to get to your goal, would you?
10. Can you tolerate spicy food?
11. Are you a morning or night person?